London Ontario Adult Forums

London Ontario Adult Forums (http://www.londonsugar.com/forums/index.php)
-   Techno Info (http://www.londonsugar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Beware automatic software renewals (http://www.londonsugar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29268)

Gerald 10-04-2018 08:17 AM

Beware automatic software renewals

I recently had my Norton Security Premier Edition automatically renew for 126.99 plus tax. That's for a year of protection.

I just happen to be browsing their website this morning and noticed that the Premier Edition has been replaced by a slightly better "Premium" Edition.
The Premium Edition is available for 109.99 plus tax for one year. :eek:
So, instead of them upgrading my software to a newer, better and cheaper version of what I currently have, they just renewed my outdated software at a higher price!
Holy SCAM! :angry:
I contacted them this morning and because I am a "valued client" they are giving me a refund of $88.50 and upgrading my software.
Normally, I don't have to do anything, my software has always been automatically updated so I was lulled into a false sense of security (no pun intended).
If you have a subscription service like this, watch what the buggers are doing. If they can slip something by you, they will. :nono:

Gerald 10-05-2018 09:36 AM

Re: Beware automatic software renewals

Further to the above, I also had a situation with Rogers.
I was paying about $120 for high speed internet and home phone, but last December they offered me a package of high speed internet (faster than what I currently had), home phone and basic TV with PVR at $99.99 per month for one year.
Basically I was getting a LOT more for a lot less so, why not?
I don't even use the crappy cable service and will cut it off again when the term is up. I may disconnect my phone as well since it's only used 99% of the time by telemarketers and scammers and I can use my cell phone.

Then the additions started. I got charged extra because I had 2 calling features on my phone (which customer service told me would be included in the package). Then the cost of the Internet went up, twice.
I complained once and got the old "well that's the way it is". I contacted them again and told them they are scammers who don't honour their agreements.
They gave me a full credit for all the over-charging. :cool:

Moral of the story, don't fall asleep at the wheel of life because someone might be stealing the tires right off your car.

lurker 10-05-2018 09:55 AM

Rogers are F'ing horrible scammers. They pull that shit with everybody. For home phone, cable, internet, wife cell phone, around $350/mth. Looking buy an Android box but need to figure out how to get live sporting events (racing primarily) on the box.

Gerald 10-05-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker (Post 205916)
Rogers are F'ing horrible scammers. They pull that shit with everybody. For home phone, cable, internet, wife cell phone, around $350/mth. Looking buy an Android box but need to figure out how to get live sporting events (racing primarily) on the box.

I swear by my Android box with Kodi and Xenon.

Can't comment on the sporting events as I'm not really into sports. However, I did watch a live CBC NHL game last year using the box.
I'd also like to see a UFC PPV event, but I keep missing the broadcast dates so I don't even know if I can get the feed.
It does have a lot of sports links including motorsports.
I suggest downloading to your computer and running it for a month. If it works for you, get an Android box. It's the same software, and how I learned how it all worked before I cut my cable.

whiteknight 10-05-2018 11:40 AM

There is a UFC PPV on Sat. Oct. 6 at 10:00 pm EST

Gerald 10-05-2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteknight (Post 205923)
There is a UFC PPV on Sat. Oct. 6 at 10:00 pm EST

Awesome, thank you.
Now I just have to see if I can connect up to a live feed.

Not that I would ever watch it without paying for it. :innocent: