View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 07:34 AM
Cookie Member

Default Re: Warning for the girls!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merklinger View Post
How exactly would you suggest they are conducted?
I know a classic TV lineup would be the best - the ability to see each person, their mannerism, ask one to step forward and look to the left etc but I completely understand the difficulties in arranging it.

Give the person all the pictures right of the bat and let them compare them.

It might sound simple - I'll see a picture and BANG I know who it is. Never is though.

You are not told how many pictures you will be looking at. You look at one, and if it is not the person (or the person you think) you go to the next. Sometimes the pictures are similar - sometimes different. As soon as you find who you think it is the subject the session ends. But if you were incorrect, or the actual person was the next picture you never get to see it. And in the time frame you are never sure if they changed their appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merklinger View Post
How exactly would you suggest they are conducted?
Lay all the choices out right away - have the cop leave the room and let you lay em out from most likely to 100% not even close.
Appearances can be malleable. I left home for 5 months and when I came back to the airport as I approached my parents my mom pushed me aside looking for me. This happened the next year as well.

All joking aside - things have to be made easier for the victim, as well as doing the best to keep someone unrelated to the case getting nicked for it.

Berny
Also - are you staring at their face, or the knife? I remember the knife very well.