Go Back   London Ontario Adult Forums > General Discussions > Open Topics

Open Topics Discuss anything that is not about specific providers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 12-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Wes's Avatar
Wes Wes is offline
London Sugar VIP

 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,686
Default Re: Newbies.....Read & Learn, Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
I am finding that the clients I have that found me in other venues don't like it here on EC because of the bullying that goes on here.

Potential clients are being driven elsewhere and advertising ladies will follow the clients.

I, again, will say that without clients there will be no advertisers and without advertisers there is no Erotic Canada.
Curiosity sakes, besides a few telling you that they feel "bullied" here, where do you get your information that "potential clients" are being "driven" elsewheres? Is it not a fact as many advertisers have said, that most of their clientel are just lurkers on the board, with little or no posts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
It would be beneficial to the advertising ladies if newcomers weren't afraid to ask questions or post something. Those new people are the reason we pay to advertise.
If new people stop coming to this site because of a few long time members bullying them then advertising here becomes pointless and the ladies will leave to advertise in less hostile venues. This hurts everybody.
So it's only for the "newbies" that advertisers advertise? Are you saying that the rest of us are meaningless? That you don't need to pay advertise your schedules for those of us that are open about being in the "hobby?" All of us have been newbies at one point in time or another. At times a newbie may have a review at it may be called a shill.. but more time then none there may be some justification for it. I can't think offhand of someone asking a honest question and getting a "bullied" responce.
__________________
WES
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-06-2008, 11:38 PM
The Brus's Avatar
The Brus The Brus is offline
I'm popular now
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 349
Default Re: Newbies.....Read & Learn, Please

Let me throw kudos your way. I also get PMs from various and sundry weirdos asking the same. They also show their assitude and otherwise smartassness when i merely answer politely "YMMV." For this reason, I will answer no more but the most reasonable PMs.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-07-2008, 02:25 AM
Vixen's Avatar
Vixen Vixen is offline
No Contact Available
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London
Posts: 75
Default Re: Newbies.....Read & Learn, Please

Wow...imagine me feeling that when someone posts something on this board that they are picked on, called names and condescended to. What was I thinking?

Yogi - Are you so arrogant that you think that my feelings on this subject were about you? Are you so pompous that you need to use Lewis Carroll (or was it Disney?) quotes to make your point? I resent you saying that I use half truths. I was voicing my opinions and frustrations, if you disagree that is fine but don't call me a liar. My opinions, like everyone else's are based on my feelings. Unless I am lying about my feelings they are not half truths. By all means, have your own opinions, voice them, but so far I only see you jumping all over mine.

Max - Nit picking? About what? Self centered? I'm not the one who thinks what I post is about them. Wow...your post was harsh. Back to my original post about being mean on the board...hmmmm. Thanks for reiterating it.

Wes - Do I need to explain why there are little or no posts by lurkers? Honestly, does anyone WANT to be treated like this?
I appreciate the members of the board who are clients of mine very much. However, they know my phone number and they know my schedule. If they have forgotten or lost it then they can find me here again so yes, advertising here does serve that purpose as well. It also serves the purpose of offering a variety of ladies and services to the members as well. Does that mean that we don't need new clientele? No.

Yes, there are a lot of ladies on Erotic Canada. There are also a lot who have left and some who are considering it. I have explained the reason why. There are currently three other places that I advertise, all free, some with message boards and chat rooms. The clients that I meet that have complaints about EC have moved on to those places, so have some of the ladies from here.

My original post was respectful and not written for anyone in specific. I was merely voicing how many of the SPs here and myself have been feeling.
Thank you Yogi for the invitation to respond one more time.
Thank you to those of you who have helped prove my original point.
I don't, however, thank you for making me feel bad and calling me names... it really hurt. I wrote my post without malice and I really didn't mean to offend anyone. Now...I don't care if I do.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-08-2008, 07:57 PM
LTO_3's Avatar
LTO_3 LTO_3 is offline
The Hug Slut

 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere between where I am and where I want to be
Posts: 793
Default Re: Newbies.....Read & Learn, Please

WoW...interesting posts on this thread in the last while. And it seems to be a few have misunderstood the original reason of this thread.

To put it in simple terms this thread was created to provide newbies a bit of help in some of their misguided ways of asking for help from long time members. Nothing worse than receiving PMs that ask does so this SP/MPA do this or that? Would she be willing to do........if I pay her more money? etc, etc, etc.

Or as recently posted by The Brus, he sums it up in his own way that I will agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brus View Post
Let me throw kudos your way. I also get PMs from various and sundry weirdos asking the same. They also show their assitude and otherwise smartassness when i merely answer politely "YMMV." For this reason, I will answer no more but the most reasonable PMs.
All in all, newbies asking for help is not the problem but it is the way they ask! And I will agree that sometimes long standing members do "grind their gears" but the smart ones learn quickly and are still here.

When in doubt, lurkers or anyone new to the board, have the courtesy to introduce yourself. Toss in a few comments here and there and post an occasional review.
But remember to keep the review civilized when talking about your time with an SP/MPA. If your review is about an MPA, also be careful how it's worded because of legal concerns for the establishment as well as the lady.

IN ALL CASES BE RESPECTFUL EVEN IF YOUR TIME WAS NOT AS GOOD AS YOU HAD HOPED OR EXPECTED.

As for the other stuff regarding advertising, ostrasizing new members, etc, may have some validity - depending on your POP - but that is a topic of discussion for a separate thread IMHO.

LTO_3
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Master_Of_Disguise's Avatar
Master_Of_Disguise Master_Of_Disguise is offline
Life of the Party
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On a well deseved vacation
Posts: 267
Default Re: Newbies.....Read & Learn, Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTO_3 View Post
WoW...interesting posts on this thread in the last while. And it seems to be a few have misunderstood the original reason of this thread.

To put it in simple terms this thread was created to provide newbies a bit of help in some of their misguided ways of asking for help from long time members. Nothing worse than receiving PMs that ask does so this SP/MPA do this or that? Would she be willing to do........if I pay her more money? etc, etc, etc.

Or as recently posted by The Brus, he sums it up in his own way that I will agree with.



All in all, newbies asking for help is not the problem but it is the way they ask! And I will agree that sometimes long standing members do "grind their gears" but the smart ones learn quickly and are still here.

When in doubt, lurkers or anyone new to the board, have the courtesy to introduce yourself. Toss in a few comments here and there and post an occasional review.
But remember to keep the review civilized when talking about your time with an SP/MPA. If your review is about an MPA, also be careful how it's worded because of legal concerns for the establishment as well as the lady.

IN ALL CASES BE RESPECTFUL EVEN IF YOUR TIME WAS NOT AS GOOD AS YOU HAD HOPED OR EXPECTED.

As for the other stuff regarding advertising, ostrasizing new members, etc, may have some validity - depending on your POP - but that is a topic of discussion for a separate thread IMHO.
LTO_3
Well said LTO_3 as the original author of this sticky.
Everything else that has been said in the last few weeks starting with the ranting of "gear grinding" and "mistreatment" and such should be moved to a new thread, or just delete it and start over.
Afterall, 365 days had elapsed between posts. Indeed time for a new thread instead of resurection.

Last edited by Master_Of_Disguise; 12-08-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Vixen's Avatar
Vixen Vixen is offline
No Contact Available
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London
Posts: 75
Default Re: Newbies.....Read & Learn, Please

I'm sorry... It's my fault that the recent stuff is here. It seemed somewhat relevant at the time but has since spiraled into something else.
I don't know how to delete or move it or I would.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-09-2008, 09:53 PM
LTO_3's Avatar
LTO_3 LTO_3 is offline
The Hug Slut

 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere between where I am and where I want to be
Posts: 793
Default Re: Newbies.....Read & Learn, Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
I'm sorry... It's my fault that the recent stuff is here. It seemed somewhat relevant at the time but has since spiraled into something else.
I don't know how to delete or move it or I would.
No harm, no foul done. We all have to vent somewhere sometimes.

Just leave your posts as they are since they do serve a purpose.

I just thought it was time to redirect the path of this thread back to the original purpose.

LTO_3
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-10-2008, 06:56 PM
thecrippler1972's Avatar
thecrippler1972 thecrippler1972 is offline
London Sugar VIP

 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,774
Default Re: Newbies.....Read & Learn, Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTO_3 View Post
WoW...interesting posts on this thread in the last while. And it seems to be a few have misunderstood the original reason of this thread.

To put it in simple terms this thread was created to provide newbies a bit of help in some of their misguided ways of asking for help from long time members. Nothing worse than receiving PMs that ask does so this SP/MPA do this or that? Would she be willing to do........if I pay her more money? etc, etc, etc.

Or as recently posted by The Brus, he sums it up in his own way that I will agree with.



All in all, newbies asking for help is not the problem but it is the way they ask! And I will agree that sometimes long standing members do "grind their gears" but the smart ones learn quickly and are still here.

When in doubt, lurkers or anyone new to the board, have the courtesy to introduce yourself. Toss in a few comments here and there and post an occasional review.
But remember to keep the review civilized when talking about your time with an SP/MPA. If your review is about an MPA, also be careful how it's worded because of legal concerns for the establishment as well as the lady.

IN ALL CASES BE RESPECTFUL EVEN IF YOUR TIME WAS NOT AS GOOD AS YOU HAD HOPED OR EXPECTED.

As for the other stuff regarding advertising, ostrasizing new members, etc, may have some validity - depending on your POP - but that is a topic of discussion for a separate thread IMHO.

LTO_3
very well said LTO_3,

if i may, speaking as a newbie i have posted some things, chatted in flashchat, argued in the beer tent, been beaten up or meat grindered.....never, i did read many many posts before posting, have never asked overt questions and avoid PMing anyone i have not chatted or met, i found this thread and many like this to be very informative and to have guided me in what is inappropriate. thank-you to all the long standing members because i have found you to be very helpful in assisting me in the use of this site as it was intended.

that being said i have seen some newbies get picked apart......appropriately though i may add, and this is ok because we should be reminded how to conduct ourselves in an appropriate way on here,

i find people are way too sensitive to getting their balls busted, my dad used to say to me "crip, if people did not care they would never bust your balls at all, they would ignore you" so please feel free to bust my balls when i say or do stupid things it is how i learn and know that you care,

as for free advertising, it was mentioned numerous times and yet people pay to advertise here, so there is an inherant value to doing so, there is a payback obviously or we would not see so many advertisers, now lets not get overly sensitive about my next comment; i for one would never again book from lfp or craigs list or any other "free medium" (although lfp is not one of the free mediums) because of two reasons: 1) i have found the ladies on here to be the best anywhere and 2) if i did have a bad experience with a lady (although i never have off of here) i would have a forum where i could express it, and i find the ladies know this and therefore this site encourages them to provide excellent service, on the other hand i found one of the best providers (buttercup) in the lfp before she came to advertise here, but that was luck 1 out of a 100 i tried first,

i have played in Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, Niagara, and Windsor but have always found the ladies who advertise here to provide the best customer service (thanks liz, chloe, paris, cynthia, maria) of all and i think that is a testament to the long time members, whose comments, advice and ball breaking are always welcomed and appreciated, gerald in all his wisdom to create this forum and of course the ladies who choose to advertise here!

crip
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-10-2008, 07:04 PM
thecrippler1972's Avatar
thecrippler1972 thecrippler1972 is offline
London Sugar VIP

 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,774
Default Re: Newbies.....Read & Learn, Please

LTO, sorry for continuing down the path that was not intended for this thread.....i am slow, very very slow!

crip
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-10-2008, 07:14 PM
maxfactor's Avatar
maxfactor maxfactor is offline
This user has been Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: north of london
Posts: 687
Default Re: Newbies.....Read & Learn, Please

crip ! excellent couple of posts!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Featured Advertiser Link



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This vBulletin Board Customized by The GSI Network
Promoting Adult Entertainment Since March 2001 - All Rights Reserved