Go Back   London Ontario Adult Forums > General Discussions > Techno Info

Techno Info Questions and Comments on technology from Computers to Cell Phones to TV's to anything else electronic

Old 10-24-2018, 07:01 AM
I like it Here

Default Recording on an Iphone on a TV

So, I am thinking of doing a little recording at home while playing this weekend. I want to record the fun on my Iphone SE, while my phone is hooked to the tv, so we can watch ourselves while recording. I hooked my phone to the tv using my charging cord with a USB end. I plugged into the USB port on the TV, and a message came on the TV that it wanted the flash drive started. The TV doesn't seem to recognize a phone being plugged in, it is looking for a flash drive, not a phone.
How do I get "us" on the tv through the phone? Do I need an HDMI cord for my phone?
TV is a 32" Insignia, has 1USB and 2 HDMI ports.
Thanks
Old 10-24-2018, 07:59 AM
I like it Here

Default Re: Recording on an Iphone on a TV

the TV is probably looking for media (movies, pics, music) that's in that storage, and from anything plugged into the USB port. If the iPhone is locked, it might not show anything until it is unlocked, or it may not be compatible this way at all... but the iPhone to USB isn't going to give you camera access regardless of if used with TV, computer, etc...

I can't say that what you are trying to do is possible, but your chances will improve greatly with a iphone to hdmi adapter. I think Apple makes one, and 3rd party makers have a few variants of this as well.
I've used one of these on my phone to mirror my phone's screen (and live MLB games) from the phone to the TV.

The live portion of what you are trying to do is the part I've never thought of trying. If the device lets you mirror the phone's screen to the TV, then it should work!
Old 10-25-2018, 12:52 PM
I like it Here

Default Re: Recording on an Iphone on a TV

Thanks Slacker. Called Best Buy and can do what I want/what u said. Need a phone to HDMI adapter and can then plug my phone into my TV. Adapter plugs into bottom of phone, then, just plug the HDMI cord into it.