Thread: Blue Chain
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2019, 02:59 PM
I like it Here

Default Blue Chain

I have been having a lot of trouble booking hours with several attendants at Blue Chain. On over 10 occasions, I have booked an hour at the door and then had the attendant come in the room and tell me that only a half hour was available. She will then return 20 dollars of the 70 and switch it to half hour once in the room.

An excuse (a fabrication) is given such as manager did not know attendant had another appointment, or shift change coming up, or plumber coming to fix the shower, etc etc but it happens almost every single time.

Lately I have even had the attendant tell me that she is not doing hours at all today. When asked for a reason, more excuses.

It seems the attendants are circumventing the rules by booking hours when the manager is present but giving back 20 in the room and changing to half hour, OR if no manager is present then refusing hour appointments altogether.

The attendants in question are early to mid 20s and top ten popular. One is definitely a bigger offender than the other at this time. The thing is there is nothing wrong with their service but as a client I am wanting to enjoy the experience without feeling rushed.

The motivation appears to be to get more tips per hour. Since the ladies have a fuller range of coffee flavours than the establishment advertises, the tips requested are a little over suggested maximums (150 half for any and all services, or 200 for hour for any and all services). Their donation requirements of 180 - 200 for half hour or 200 for the hour are above the recommended maximums on their site, but it makes sense they should have some discretion since they do offer a few more specialty flavours on the menu than the basic flavours posted.

So here lies the problem. In addition to the door fee, the ladies want to make 180-200 per half hour, and have become unwilling to do hours where the tip would be 200 for the same specialty coffee. The client wanting to sip and savour his specialty coffee is forced to rush and does not get a chance to savour his beverage. Imagine going to a nice restaurant and being told you must rush to consume your meal by a server motivated to serve two tables per hour instead of just one, so she could make more tips.

Hopefully management will become aware of this and how the client is being forced to get two half hours, and tip twice per hour if he wants an hour. This does not agree with the half hour/hour options that should be available to the client who is willing to wait for the first available hour that is open on the schedule.

I honestly love spending time with the attendants in question but am hoping to have less problems booking a full hour in the future.