Go Back   London Ontario Adult Forums > Entertainment > Movies, Music, TV and Books > KODI

KODI Your guide to Free Movies and TV Shows

Old 01-20-2019, 01:52 PM
London Sugar Owner

Default Streaming information

For those interested in viewing TV and Movies via the Internet, I have just tossed up a quickie website for streaming fans to share information.

Streaming AVE (Audio/Video Entertainment)
www.streamingave.com

Looks like Kodi 18 "Leia" will be released very soon. They are on their final Release Candate (RC5) so the next update will be the official release.

Don't panic, take life one day at a time, don't assume the worst.
This too, shall pass

Old 01-20-2019, 11:35 PM
Rookie Member

Default Re: Streaming information

MyBB. Looking at new forum software?
Old 01-21-2019, 08:48 AM
London Sugar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by danharding View Post
MyBB. Looking at new forum software?

I am always looking at new software, but in this case I just wanted something quick and FREE.
Building a community from scratch is not easy so if it doesn't fly then I really don't lose anything. The only thing I needed to buy for this site was the domain name. The few hours setting it up was just play time for me. lol

I started the original LS board with phpbb then purchased this vBulletin board when I needed something better. Some long term members will remember the old phpbb black board.

If I had a busy site I'd probably go with another vBulletin or maybe a Xenforo board. It doesn't make much difference on the front end, but on a busy site it's nice to have a more powerful admin panel.

This too, shall pass

Old 01-21-2019, 12:48 PM
Rookie Member

If you're interested in free software and haven't already you might want to take a look at something like Discourse (probably the big one nowadays, but a bit different from traditional forums) or NodeBB (very cool instant thread update and chat stuff) as well. It's not very clear from their websites but the pricing they're referring to is actually about them hosting it for you. Both are free (besides your server costs and the effort you put into it, of course) if you host them on your own server.

Discourse is great for high traffic sites and administration. I don't know as much about nodebb.

Last edited by danharding; 01-21-2019 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Added a bit more detail
Old 01-03-2020, 09:19 AM
London Sugar Owner

I haven't really done much with my streaming site until recently as it's just a side hobby of mine. As they say, life is that thing that happens when you are making other plans.
However, I just redid the site and set it up to launch my new Kodi Build which I have named "Midas".
If you don't know what a build is, it's a setup for Kodi that includes a custom look and a bundle of preinstalled add-ons so you can start watching stuff as soon as you install it.
I've been using Kodi for over 2 years now and it's the only thing I use to watch tv shows and movies. That includes content from every streaming service.

Right now I am working on a couple installation videos (if I can avoid getting tongue-tied when I switch on the damn microphone) and some written guides.

This too, shall pass