Go Back   London Ontario Adult Forums > Reviews and Discussions of Adult Entertainers > Other Adult Services in London

Other Adult Services in London Reviews and Discussions on local Dommes, Dancers, or whatever

Old 05-19-2022, 09:03 AM
Rookie Member

Default "Other" site down

Does anyone know if that other site, **411, is down for good? The actual site works but trying to see posts doesn't work for me. I've tried a couple times over the last few days with different browsers and it just says "we'll be back soon." Info anyone?
Old 05-19-2022, 10:52 AM
London Sugar VIP

Default Re: "Other" site down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
Does anyone know if that other site, **411, is down for good? The actual site works but trying to see posts doesn't work for me. I've tried a couple times over the last few days with different browsers and it just says "we'll be back soon." Info anyone?

Same
Old 05-19-2022, 01:35 PM
London Sugar Owner

Well, darn it all.

Old 05-19-2022, 01:46 PM
London Sugar Owner

What's really strange is, if you look at posting dates you will see people are still posting on the board.
Is it blocked to unregistered users now?
I don't have an account so can't check it.

Old 05-19-2022, 02:14 PM
London Sugar VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
What's really strange is, if you look at posting dates you will see people are still posting on the board.
Is it blocked to unregistered users now?
I don't have an account so can't check it.

Ah, yes. When I put in my username and password, magically all was normal again.

Took the opportunity to look at LL, where I discovered that Shay's age had fallen from 40 to 35.... Probably the only girl in town whose rates have not increased in the past decade !
Old 05-20-2022, 08:34 AM
London Sugar VIP

An "Administrator" over there posts that the site's URL is not being renewed and that it will be gone by July. However, a new site was announced by her. All in all, probably nothing to worry about, G.
Old 05-20-2022, 09:28 AM
London Sugar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiBear View Post
An "Administrator" over there posts that the site's URL is not being renewed and that it will be gone by July. However, a new site was announced by her. All in all, probably nothing to worry about, G.
It never bothers me to have competing forums for two reasons.
  1. If someone does it better than me, I am doing it wrong.
  2. I don't like assholes, so having an alternative forum helps keep them off my board. (Every city needs a garbage dump lol)
What I don't like is the way that board operates. Anyone can run it if they buy their way into it.
If they have your ad, you have to pay them to have it removed.
Anyone can post without logging in (well up till now).
Owning a board like this is a serious responsibility if you actually give a shit about the ladies in the industry. My advertisers are professional business owners putting their ability to earn a living in my hands. I have to support their efforts, while at the same time hold them responsible if they are unprofessional. It's a tricky balance that I may not get right 100% of the time, but at least I give it my best effort. That other board tosses balance out the window in a free-for-all zoo of pure greed. IMHO
Plus, all those flashing banners and the pop-up bitch gives me a headache.

Old 05-20-2022, 08:26 PM
Rookie Member

You do a hell of a job Gerald!!
Old 05-20-2022, 09:27 PM
London Sugar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonelyone View Post
You do a hell of a job Gerald!!
Thanks, it helps that I have no life.

I was actually looking at a potential new board. I could go the easier route of upgrading the version of this board, or move to the Xenforo board which is a bit cheaper but a lot more versatile.
Importing ALL of this into a new board would be a challenge and I'd have to learn a completely different piece of software. It also goes against my belief of "if it ain't broke don't fix it".
Advantages would be a current board, using the latest software with a mobile app.
Disadvantage would be the potential for me to fuck it all up and end up living my worst nightmare. lmao
I'd have to seriously dedicate myself to focus on nothing but that. I think I would need time away from the computer before going that deep. I'm logging way too much computer time right now so my brain is like putty.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:49 PM
The Hug Slut

Location: Somewhere between where I am and where I want to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiBear View Post
Just to add to this info, that newer board is in its infancy to counter the crap culture of 411. I suspect some of the former ladies and others started that board. Although early I'd say they have a 50/50 chance of surviving depending on what they do to get the word out.

And Gerald, I don't think you have anything to worry about. You've been sailing this ship a long time and have adapted to stay relevant & fair not only to your members but also your advertisers.

LTO_3