Go Back   London Ontario Adult Forums > General Discussions > News, Politics, and World Events

News, Politics, and World Events Local, National and International Discussions

Old 11-10-2018, 08:36 AM
London Sugar Owner

Default Canada Post on Strike

Does anyone really care?
I say close it down.
All I am missing is new car flyers and KFC coupons.
I've seen mail delivery as late as 7pm. Complete bullshit.
For packages we have UPS, FedEX, and Purolator. Let Canada Post fall into history along side of milk trucks and the pony express.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:17 PM
London Sugar VIP

Default Re: Canada Post on Strike

Private companies won't be nearly as cheap. Maybe the mail doesn't matter to you, but it still obviously does to millions of people. Think about how big this country is and it only costs a buck to send a letter across the entirety of it. It's the car flyers and KFC coupons that pay for the ability for that to happen. And it's the buck a letters that allow for the cheap Amazon deliveries to happen, because the Canada Post trucks are already going there to deliver the mail. Take away the first 2 and the parcels become really expensive to deliver, and Canada Post delivers more of them then everybody else combined. Especially if you don't live within 30 miles of a big city.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:32 PM
Voice of reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
Private companies won't be nearly as cheap. Maybe the mail doesn't matter to you, but it still obviously does to millions of people. Think about how big this country is and it only costs a buck to send a letter across the entirety of it. It's the car flyers and KFC coupons that pay for the ability for that to happen. And it's the buck a letters that allow for the cheap Amazon deliveries to happen, because the Canada Post trucks are already going there to deliver the mail. Take away the first 2 and the parcels become really expensive to deliver, and Canada Post delivers more of them then everybody else combined. Especially if you don't live within 30 miles of a big city.
Thatís not true. Private companies would be cheaper. They would have to compete with each other for any contract with the federal government. And tax payers wonít be responsible for bloated salaries, benefits and pensions of government employees.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:33 PM
Voice of reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Does anyone really care?
I say close it down.
For packages we have UPS, FedEX, and Purolator. Let Canada Post fall into history along side of milk trucks and the pony express.
Well said.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:00 PM
London Sugar VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Thatís not true. Private companies would be cheaper. They would have to compete with each other for any contract with the federal government. And tax payers wonít be responsible for bloated salaries, benefits and pensions of government employees.
Really, have you looked at what it costs to send something UPS Fedex or Purolator now, with Canada Post in the market? Why would you think that price would go down if Canada Post wasn't there? Especially to markets outside urban areas. And I'm sure you know Canada Post is a crown corporation (that makes a profit most years), not a taxpayer supported government department.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:09 AM
London Sugar VIP

Quote:
Does anyone really care?
I say close it down.
currently that anyone that is ordering cannabis online from OCS would care, since that's the only "legal" way to get it at the moment. Although some have had to wait a long long time for it
Old 11-14-2018, 04:50 PM
Rookie Member

agree!

Quote:
Does anyone really care?
I say close it down.