Go Back   London Ontario Adult Forums > General Discussions > Techno Info

Techno Info Questions and Comments on technology from Computers to Cell Phones to TV's to anything else electronic

Old 12-15-2020, 12:28 PM
London Sugar Owner

Default Nvidia Shield

I see the Nvidia Shield is on sale for $30 off on Amazon.
A great xmas gift for streaming movies and TV. You can also play games with it.
I got one a couple months ago and I love it.
Old 12-15-2020, 05:08 PM
Just a regular guy

Default Re: Nvidia Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
I have had mine for 2 years and absolutely love it. I call it the Cadillac of android boxes.
Old 02-17-2021, 06:19 AM
Just a regular guy

Quote:
Hey Gerald i was wondering if your able to help me with my shield. I dont know what happened but the other day I went to use my shield remote and nothing works I have the origional remote and one I bought awhile back from amazon its called a WECHIP G20 remote which works with a dongle. For some reason they both dont work The only remote that does work is my tv remote which I didnt set up to work with my shield. Not sure why this has happened and how I can rectify this issue. I have read plenty on the internet with no success. The batteries are fine in both remotes I am at a dead end here, was hoping you might be able to help . Thanks
Old 02-17-2021, 08:40 AM
London Sugar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafters View Post
Hey Gerald i was wondering if your able to help me with my shield. I dont know what happened but the other day I went to use my shield remote and nothing works I have the origional remote and one I bought awhile back from amazon its called a WECHIP G20 remote which works with a dongle. For some reason they both dont work The only remote that does work is my tv remote which I didnt set up to work with my shield. Not sure why this has happened and how I can rectify this issue. I have read plenty on the internet with no success. The batteries are fine in both remotes I am at a dead end here, was hoping you might be able to help . Thanks
That's weird. For both to stop working would mean you lost bluetooth and usb connectivity. Hard to fix it when you can't even access the system to do anything.
I would unplug the shield from the power for about an hour then plug it back in. The shield never actually turns off so this gives it a clean boot. Leaving it sit that long ensures it completely discharges.
If that doesn't fix the problem, you've entered the desperation zone!
As a last resort, you can plug the shield into a PC and do a factory reset. It will need to reinstall all the updates and you'd have to reinstall all your apps.
You can also try the reddit sub forum: https://www.reddit.com/r/ShieldAndroidTV/
Others may have experienced the same issue and know exactly what happened.
Old 02-17-2021, 05:20 PM
Just a regular guy

Quote:
That's weird. For both to stop working would mean you lost bluetooth and usb connectivity. Hard to fix it when you can't even access the system to do anything.
I would unplug the shield from the power for about an hour then plug it back in. The shield never actually turns off so this gives it a clean boot. Leaving it sit that long ensures it completely discharges.
If that doesn't fix the problem, you've entered the desperation zone!
As a last resort, you can plug the shield into a PC and do a factory reset. It will need to reinstall all the updates and you'd have to reinstall all your apps.
You can also try the reddit sub forum: https://www.reddit.com/r/ShieldAndroidTV/
Others may have experienced the same issue and know exactly what happened.
Cheers Gerald I will give that a try. the weird thing is my tv remote works with my nvidia shield which I didnt set it up to work on my device, not sure why either of my remotes dont work . i went into reddit but didnt come across any similar issues that I am experiancing.

Thanks for reply back I will try unplugging device for an hour an see if that helps