Go Back   London Ontario Adult Forums > Entertainment > Inside Gerald's Twisted Mind

Inside Gerald's Twisted Mind Purely for Entertainment purposes

Old 01-23-2018, 11:18 AM
London Sugar Owner

Default All I want is a good cup of coffee

Being a diabetic, of course, means I have to stay away from sugar.
That's not easy, especially when it comes to coffee and chocolate.
Forget the artificially sweetened chocolate, it doesn't taste right and can give you the shits. I either forget chocolate, or take a few years off my life and indulge on occasion. What the hell, I can't live forever. lol
Coffee is another story. I can manage with the artificial sweeteners but feel like I'm swapping one poison for another.
I have been using Splenda, a really good sugar substitute that comes as close to sugar in taste as you can get. However, it's pure chemical containing chlorine (the stuff used to clean pools and toilets).
Stevia is a natural sweetener that comes from a plant. Sounds great, but I have tried many versions of Stevia and I don't like the taste. That was until I found the new version of Stevia made by Splenda! It tastes okay to me and a better alternative than the original Splenda. Of course, the Splenda Stevia contains an added chemical called Erythritol which isn't the greatest thing to be ingesting.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:52 PM
The Hug Slut

Location: Somewhere between where I am and where I want to be
Default Re: All I want is a good cup of coffee

I hear ya G. What I did back when the only thing available was saccharin - that's way back before any of the options you mentioned were even possible - you used what's there or don't use it. And in the short time it took to adjust to drinking coffee without any sugar substitute and only cream (or milk) was the best thing I did to appreciate the flavor of coffee.

As for chocolate, I tried and then passed on the "diabetes" versions and have stayed with the real (dark) chocolate but in small amounts. Sadly the small amounts work best but requires (a lot of) resisting the temptation to gorge on it.

LTO_3
Old 02-07-2018, 01:03 PM
Rookie Member

Gradually reduce the sweetener used until you get it down to none, a month later you'll prefer coffee this way.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:10 PM
Cookie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Prevette View Post
Gradually reduce the sweetener used until you get it down to none, a month later you'll prefer coffee this way.
This is essentially what I did.

I started high sugar as a kid for tea and coffee but when I got shipped off to boarding school there was an enforced 1 level teaspoon rule for tea and coffee.
Also they limited tea and coffee which was a big wtf for me.

Later in life I got back to the sweet but weened my self. 0 Sweetner for me - just lots of milk so I can drink the coffee faster than chugging pop.

Berny
Got me an addiction.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:54 PM
I like it Here

Reducing the sugar is a great idea. I won’t use sweetners.

However the most common coffee places regularly put too much in. Even if you request half a sugar etc.

Also, some coffee is better than others without sugar. I can drink Kirkland coffee black. But I can?t do Timmies. Needs cream and sugar. McDs, I need some milk.

A good dark roast coffee typically doesn?t need sugar for me any more. It?s sweet enough as it is. Lol.

Last edited by Stantheman; 02-11-2018 at 09:02 AM.