Go Back   London Ontario Adult Forums > Reviews and Discussions of Local Public Services > Other Local Services

Other Local Services Share your experience with any businesses in the London area

Old 01-25-2009, 03:30 PM
London Sugar VIP

Default Re: Car Help

I will have a free van soon.

D
Old 01-26-2009, 12:06 PM
No Contact Available

I personaly wouldnt go to any car dealership, I like to stick to GM and Ford and such. when you go to buy a car at a place like this though, when you get to the signing part there is about 300.00 of extra charges for administration, licencing, and gas. You can tell them to take that off, alot of people dont even think about it because they just assume they have to pay it but you dont! and one of the charges I believe is for insurance, while your waiting to pick up your car from the lot if it get stolen their insurance pays for it.. However your insurance would pay for it anyways so opt out of that one.. So check that out you might save yourself 300.00 if yu go to a place like that, and then you get the 30 warrently and things like that, and you know their not going out of business...

Just my two cents, but im just a girl lol
Old 01-30-2009, 02:15 AM
I'm popular now

Default actually...worth a lot more than 2 cents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorra View Post
I personaly wouldnt go to any car dealership, I like to stick to GM and Ford and such. when you go to buy a car at a place like this though, when you get to the signing part there is about 300.00 of extra charges for administration, licencing, and gas. You can tell them to take that off, alot of people dont even think about it because they just assume they have to pay it but you dont! and one of the charges I believe is for insurance, while your waiting to pick up your car from the lot if it get stolen their insurance pays for it.. However your insurance would pay for it anyways so opt out of that one.. So check that out you might save yourself 300.00 if yu go to a place like that, and then you get the 30 warrently and things like that, and you know their not going out of business...

Just my two cents, but im just a girl lol
Excellent advice, Zorra...

Personally, I have never bought a used car from any dealership....although I can see where the less car savvy would...I can get the same car 2 -3 yrs newer for the same money that any of the brand name dealerships offer them for. If I were to deal with a car lot, I'd definitely find a smaller independent with a good reputation. I can't help you with London, I'm from Windsor.

from what I've seen in your pics, reviews and posts,you're a helluva lot more than "just a girl" Zorra...and when it comes to things of a financial nature, the "girls" most times have a better handle on it than the guys...

N2G
Old 01-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Gone but not forgotten

Default Re: actually...worth a lot more than 2 cents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2game View Post
Excellent advice, Zorra...

Personally, I have never bought a used car from any dealership....although I can see where the less car savvy would...I can get the same car 2 -3 yrs newer for the same money that any of the brand name dealerships offer them for. If I were to deal with a car lot, I'd definitely find a smaller independent with a good reputation. I can't help you with London, I'm from Windsor.

from what I've seen in your pics, reviews and posts,you're a helluva lot more than "just a girl" Zorra...and when it comes to things of a financial nature, the "girls" most times have a better handle on it than the guys...

N2G
Actually the "more car savvy" would know how to buy a car from any dealership and come through in a positive way. Right now the big name car companies are offering tremendous deals on new cars often times with zero % financing.

I sold cars in my early years with success in Windsor and if anyone is contemplating buying a new car, or leasing for that matter just let me know and I will let you know the keys to getting what you want, at a price you want.

It can be done. Just a few simple rules to go by.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Rookie Member

lol, its quite true, i think women who are level minded tend to have a better grasp on finances than a lot of impulse driven guys:P

cut and big has a point, there are tips to getting a good price for a vehicle.
as for me, my family has owned a used car dealer for the last 3 years in mississauga and a repair shop for almost 10 years. i've been a salesman since 06' and to tell you the truth, if you're looking for a used vehicle, i would suggest going to a privately owned dealership and not a new car dealer that also has used vehicles. a point was made earlier that the good trade-ins are kept and the rougher ones are sent to auction. for some, this is true, but many new car dealers will try to only stock their own brand and thus even really good cars from other manufacturers are sent to auction.

the used car market right now is very soft. so getting a good deal will just take some perseverance. for example a lease returned car such as a cobalt or focus will be significantly cheaper at an independant dealer as opposed to a new car dealer because the new car dealer doesn't want to show you how much a 3 year-old car has depreciated because it would hurt new car sales. if you want i can find you the value of cars at the auction in milton so you have a rough idea how much the markup for a used car is at a new car dealer selling used or an independant used car dealer.

hope this helps:)
Old 02-02-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm popular now

Default Your point is well taken B & C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut and Big View Post
Actually the "more car savvy" would know how to buy a car from any dealership and come through in a positive way. Right now the big name car companies are offering tremendous deals on new cars often times with zero % financing.

I sold cars in my early years with success in Windsor and if anyone is contemplating buying a new car, or leasing for that matter just let me know and I will let you know the keys to getting what you want, at a price you want.

It can be done. Just a few simple rules to go by.

....and certainly it is not my lack of "car savvy" that has stopped me form going to a dealer,you know enough about my background to know that...but overall, even in this soft market the starting price point for most private sale vehicles, not to mention that nasty 5% GST that has to be paid on dealership sales, is lower than at a dealership, therefore I've never used one. Not to say that your method is not valid, but just not for me...

N2G
Old 02-18-2009, 11:11 PM
Rookie Member

I bought my van at 5star dealers on Dundas at First st. Nice vehical, got everything I was looking for. Plus the finance bills to cry over But all in all, they worked like hell to get my buisness. Knowing I was checking out all the other lots as well.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:06 AM
No Contact Available

So I had to purchase a newer car, and here is the low down. I search auto trader, found a car I like, it was being sold at a GM dealership near a boarder, they were asking 10,900 for it, i emailed them and offered 4,500. they emailed me back and said, the price they set on the vehicles they believe to be fare value, he was quite rude, when saying there are many cars out there for more and less and you GET what you pay for. So I drove 3 4 hours to this car dealership, walked in the door at 9am said i want to buy that car, i am offering 5,500 for it they came back with 9,900, then so on and so on until 1240, when I still had NOT budged a pennie on what i orginally offered. I finally said to the sales man, well im tired of playing games for right now, pehaps after lunch we can settle on what i am willing to offer, handed him my business card (not my mpa one hahaha) and went for lunch. Came back at 2pm said, do we have a deal or what. The sales guy said for 6,500 we do. I said how much is word of mouth and a good reputation worth to you, he came back with 5,900. (still 400 off what i orginally offered) but i said, with a bran new set of tires and a tune up we have a deal.
A car they were asking 10,999 they sold for 5,900. (THAT IS WITH TAXES INCLUDED!) MINUS The $300.00 bullshit fees they charge for nothing, oh and I got a free tank of gas. Total price of a car 10,999 plus taxes, sold for the grand total of 5,600 with taxes. Saving me 5,399 (plus taxes). Shop at a well known dealership they have room to budge.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:13 AM
Pimp Daddy member

Quote:
So I had to purchase a newer car, and here is the low down. I search auto trader, found a car I like, it was being sold at a GM dealership near a boarder, they were asking 10,900 for it, i emailed them and offered 4,500. they emailed me back and said, the price they set on the vehicles they believe to be fare value, he was quite rude, when saying there are many cars out there for more and less and you GET what you pay for. So I drove 3 4 hours to this car dealership, walked in the door at 9am said i want to buy that car, i am offering 5,500 for it they came back with 9,900, then so on and so on until 1240, when I still had NOT budged a pennie on what i orginally offered. I finally said to the sales man, well im tired of playing games for right now, pehaps after lunch we can settle on what i am willing to offer, handed him my business card (not my mpa one hahaha) and went for lunch. Came back at 2pm said, do we have a deal or what. The sales guy said for 6,500 we do. I said how much is word of mouth and a good reputation worth to you, he came back with 5,900. (still 400 off what i orginally offered) but i said, with a bran new set of tires and a tune up we have a deal.
A car they were asking 10,999 they sold for 5,900. (THAT IS WITH TAXES INCLUDED!) MINUS The $300.00 bullshit fees they charge for nothing, oh and I got a free tank of gas. Total price of a car 10,999 plus taxes, sold for the grand total of 5,600 with taxes. Saving me 5,399 (plus taxes). Shop at a well known dealership they have room to budge.
Ha Ha Zorra you are the best good work and next time I need to buy a care do you want to come with me ? Please ! haha
Old 02-19-2009, 04:21 AM
Rookie Member

Quote:

Having been a salesman for almost 4 years, you make a very valid point. most new car dealerships are independantly owned, therefore all the new leased vehicles they move off their lot are "technically" sold to the financing company. at the end of the lease term the financing company sells these cars at a wholesale dealers auction. at this point new and used car dealers will buy the previously leased vehicles from the financing company, normally at a fraction of what the buy-back would have been for the comsumer. When a new car dealer buys used cars that are of the same brand that they sell new they can certify it and give it an extended factory warranty. they then up the price of the used vehicle so as to maintain residual value and minimize depreciation as well as a huge profit as pointed out by Zorra. An independant used car dealer does not have to deal with maintaining an image of value of the vehicles they sell and normally sell at a lower price. what goes with this is also less room for bargaining because both get the vehicles from the same auction at very similar prices. I would say this applies to about 70% of 3-5 year old vehicles sold at dealerships.

In Ontario, some of the parent companies are the finance companies as well. A certain percentage of the cars financed through the parent company are offered to the respective new car dealership's used car department before going to the open dealer auction. This is the parent company's way of giving back. Better explained: for example Chrysler finances 1000 vehicles of which say 200 are offered to the 40 chrysler dealers in the region first. and for argements sake they sell for an average of 6000 dollars each. the remaining 800 vehicles are brought to the open dealer auction where 1500 dealers get to bid on the vehicles and the average selling price is 6600. Its the law of supply and demand.

hope this helps give some insight on the auto industry. if you're purchasing a used vehicle 3-5 years old pm me and i can give you an idea of fair market value.