Go Back   London Ontario Adult Forums > General Discussions > News, Politics, and World Events

News, Politics, and World Events Local, National and International Discussions

Old 10-05-2019, 08:05 AM
London Sugar VIP

Default Re: Donald Trump

Politics on both sides of border is a joke....
spin city for all parties & sides. More twists & turns than a coaster at Wonderland or Cedar Point.

The 1 thing I always agreed on in US voting is the ability to directly vote for the President. They got that right.
Here I cant vote for the person whom I think is a better leader, just their local puppet who may not get elected or be of the governing party

Now Alberta wants to leave Canada like Quebec, great way to get some money from Ottawa.

lets get back to having coffee with some great ladies....
Old 10-05-2019, 11:59 AM
I like it Here

US voters do not vote directly for the president. In the last election Clinton got over 3,000,000 more votes than Trump. The unelected Electoral College voted Trump in. I guess my question is why do candidates bother talking to the "American People". Why not cut to the chase and simply debate and campaign directly to this unelected body? That is quite a "democracy" the US has.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:59 PM
London Sugar VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craft Beer View Post
I doubt it.
But if all you do is watch Fake News, which based on reading this thread, it appears many do, you could be inclined to think so.

Most of you are the unhinged ones, because he won. And he ruined your chance to be part of the history of the first female president. This hatred and desire to oust a duly elected president has been going on since the moment he won. Hell, some deep state folks were planning attacks on him in case he won, even before the election.

He will win again in 2020. The people have had enough of the Fake News folks and the slime balls on the left.
Cherry or Grape?
Old 10-05-2019, 03:29 PM
London Sugar VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACHMAN View Post
US voters do not vote directly for the president. In the last election Clinton got over 3,000,000 more votes than Trump. The unelected Electoral College voted Trump in. I guess my question is why do candidates bother talking to the "American People". Why not cut to the chase and simply debate and campaign directly to this unelected body? That is quite a "democracy" the US has.
The Electoral College isn't a body sitting there waiting for an election before it decides who to vote for. The EC is made up by each state after the election and is composed of people who the winning party in each state picks to sit on it. Electors aren't required to vote for either candidate but most of them are what are known as "Faithful Electors" and wouldn't change their minds because they are dedicated party people. You do have some cases where an Elector decides to cast a vote for someone else, but this is only in the case of there not being any doubt of the final outcome, and it's usually a vote given to honour someone. 7 out of the 538 cast their votes for Bernie Sanders, Colin Powell and Faith Spotted Eagle in the 2016 election.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:22 PM
London Sugar VIP

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191005_221703.jpg (47.2 KB, 9 views)